Masonry is one of the most durable and aesthetically appealing forms of construction for both residential and commercial buildings. It includes the use of stone, brick, concrete block, and stucco- some of the most enduring materials that can withstand harsh weather conditions. Nonetheless, the natural phenomenon of wear and tear is inevitable even though masonry structures are designed to last for decades.
Regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of your house but you will notice signs of damage and defilement over some time. In cities like Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Westchester where climate conditions are erratic, masonry structures are subject to experience surface deterioration and other damage concerns sooner or later. If you think home repair and renovation is a DIY job, it is big time you wake up from the delusion! A professional masonry contractor is a man you must look up to for long-lasting superior quality solutions even when you wish to preserve the bright yellow paint on the wall!
It is Time to Hire an Expert- The Prevailing Signs
Much has been said about building damage, but do know what calls for expert assistance? Or in other words, when should you contact a professional contractor? Your home is a crucial investment demanding proper up-keeping for prolonged sustainability. Therefore, it is always a wise idea to seek the assistance of a licensed masonry contractor Queens for precise solutions with the guarantee of safety and quality.
Check out the 5 common signs of damage indicating the involvement of a masonry repair expert:
- Cracks in the brickwork caused due to persistent exposure to extreme temperatures are prevalent in any geographical location. The alternate freeze-thaw cycles lead to expansion and contraction of bricks resulting in cracks. Small cracks may seem harmless but bigger threats are awaiting you!
- Brick repointing proposed by the best masonry contractors Bronx is a predominant solution to fix missing or degrading mortar. Over time, the mortar between the bricks undergoes deterioration failing to sustain its purpose; the result is loosened or warped bricks.
- Often the walls alter their position due to shifting of the ground or hydraulic pressure underneath. This is a serious issue that can considerably affect the foundation of your building. You may often notice bowed or compacted bricks marking the initial signs of a catastrophic event.
- Peeling yellow paint or stripping plaster on the walls and ceilings in the interior of your house is an explicit sign of damage. Too much moisture retention is the possible cause of such issues. A masonry construction company Queens can always aid you with prompt and affordable fixes enhancing the look and feel.
- Bulging brick is another form of water damage where trapped moisture pushes or pulls the brick causing frost boils. Replacing the affected bricks with new ones can assure long-term sustenance.
Despite regular maintenance of masonry structures, the need for repair or replacement is prima facie. And for an effortless and precise solution, you can trust nobody but the experts! They know the best!